Sunday, December 10, 2006

Need for Speed

I finally got my first taste of speed rush.

About damned time too.

My dad thought that it would be good to let me drive to Cameron Highlands, for some unknown reasons. But hey, I do need the experience after all, I guess.

Straight stretches of road.

Few cars.

These are mere invitations for people to drive over 120.

And take them, I did.

130.

140.

...150.

Although, admittedly, 150 was due to me being a little unknowing and placing my foot on the accelerator for longer than usual.

But, the speed rush. Cutting aside the slower cars, and then moving back in.

The world around, has merely evaporated into a blur, whizzing pass as you don't really give a damn what happens.

But hey, I did learn something.

For one, it is terribly amusing when some really fast car, say RX-8 or BMW X5 gets stuck behind a Proton Saga. Of course, the Proton is driving on the outer most lane, and the BMW/whatever is flashing lights and whatever.

Usually, the car in front will move aside.

Usually.

I happened to chance on a poor BMW who got boxed in between a Proton Saga and a huge truck. The Saga isn't moving fast enough to over take the truck (on purpose, presumed), and the BMW driver is stuck inbetween the Proton, the truck, and the guard rails with no where to go.

Of course, a jam causes soon after, so the BMW driver has no choice but to keep speed.

Amusing, because the road in front of the Proton is virtually empty. You could almost play football on it, and still have time to run a few laps.

Lesson learnt 1: Never irritate drivers too much.

And of course, there's always, the usual traffic jam, when 4 lanes is suddenly merged into 1 due to road works and stuff.

Some cars try to weave in and out, hoping to get better positions, or they are just rushing for time.

But, if you keep pace with the car in front, the car at the side, cannot get a chance to weave in. Of course, my mom was screaming to let them in, but I just showed accelerated and stuff. O_o

Strange me. Must be the jam.

However, it is still a fairly smooth ride. 140km/h can only be done across the causeway.

Still, at 140, it's merely accidents waiting to happen.

It saddens my heart to say this.

But, I've murdered a cone.

Damn. ~_~

They put these cones on the road side to warn you of the merging of lanes due to road works, but I was having too much fun setting fire to the road, I didn't manage to get into the sole lane in time.

And in my path, was this unlucky cone who I grazed with my side (or, smashed, whichever you prefer), because I was just way too fast.

Oh well. Thankfully, nothing major truly happened.

But still...

140.

150..

160, next time. XD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home